Wednesday, October 22, 2008

From Head Coach Dan Thompson!!!


I think that these boys are some of the nicest kids I have ever coached. They are respectful and very well behaved and have big hearts, that can be a huge plus and minus on the football field because it takes fire, passion and meanness at times to be successful. We started the season with a lot of new faces (first year players) and kids going from a backup role to a starting position, which is a huge challenge. Some of the kids have struggled with the intensity and consistency required at this level of competition. I feel all the boys have the ability to compete and be very successful. With all that being said, I think the world of these boys and I hope that through the ups and downs of the season (similar to life) these young men have learned to deal with situations and push through for overall life success. I feel that each of these young men have great qualities and gifts and should continue to work hard for their dreams both on and off the football field. I hope to see them all out at tryouts next year with a renewed excitement to play this game!!!!!!
I would also like to thank all the parents for their help and support this season, with special mention to all those that assisted with practice and our special events.

Thanks
Coach Dan (go team, go!!!)

No comments: